Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Our Class Wiki - So Far

I recently began taking a look at our class's wiki and noticed some interesting topics with a significant amount of information for each. What particularly struck out to me at first was the topic of religion and I have started contributing to that. Currently, I am working on the Sikhism portion, as it had some general information written and being a Sikh myself, I think it can be broken down to more specific topics such as populations, religious values and contexts and even current events. Additionally, I think it will be interesting to add the new media aspect to the different religions and how religious centers have started using social networking sites to promote events or occasions. I have been focusing on researching on Sikhism first, and then will move on to the topic of new media.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are contributing to a section about your religion. I think it is great for people to learn about other religions, and it is interesting to see how they have implemented new media in their day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandeep! I think it's great that someone who is Sikh can contribute to the wiki on religion. I actually personally contributed to the "Islam" subgroup of the wiki. I believe a lot of the religions use new media in similar ways, but also different ways based on the norms and values of the religion itself. -Muhammad Ahsan

    ReplyDelete